Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Comments

For some reason, the following comment -- all the way from India -- will not show up as a comment. But I wanted to thank the person who wrote this, and tell you how much your sweet comments meant to me. Here is what s/he wrote:

Can I just say, this blog is what got me through the day today. Every time I read it, I just get more and more excited about what's next. Very refreshing blog and very refreshing ideas. I'm glad that I came across this when I did. I love what you've got to say and the way you say it. The information in this blog is really a appreciated. I would really like to say that the knowledge you have about this is quiet impressive. But the main thing here is the way to present the information, and you have done it very nicely. Great work and love to visit on your blog again and again. Keep posting nice information.

How many times can I say thank you! This comment made my day -- actually made my year.

When people ask me why I write I blog, I tell them it's to keep me honest, to keep me on track, and to hopefully make me stick to a diet. I write it for me, but when I get comments, I realize that I am also hitting a nerve with others, that we really are not alone, and that so many of us -- all over the world -- have issues with diet, weight, exercise, self-image, motivation -- I can go on and on.

None of us is in this alone. Some of the most gorgeous people on Earth feel insecure, as evidence by Portia De Rossi's new book, "Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain." I caught her appearance on Oprah, and cried right along with her, as she told her story of anorexia.

And then I thought back to this lovely comment I received -- and so many other comments from so many people over the past 18 months -- and decided that I am one of the luckiest people alive. What I started as a blog just for me, has put me in contact with so many people this past year I never would have met. And may we all win our struggle -- whatever it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment