Monday, January 24, 2011

It's Monday

...and I am not singing the blues. My weekend of challenges: Met.

I did exactly what I had planned on doing, and this morning, I have the biggest smile on my face.

I had saved my 49 extra Weight Watchers PointsPlus for Saturday, and I know I used them all. I made baked ravioli and meatballs, and for dessert, apple pie and carrot cake. I ate a normal serving of the ravioli, had one meatball, and was content with a tiny sliver of apple pie -- actually just a taste -- and a small piece of carrot cake. We had a big brunch late Sunday morning, and the pie and cake made it onto the spread of food. What was left of everything -- and that includes the ravioli -- was divided up among our relatives and went home with them.

Yesterday, I ate on plan. After dinner, I started thinking about what was left in my house, and the quart of vanilla ice cream in my freezer started calling my name. Jack was in the kitchen, and I asked him to please toss the vanilla ice cream, which he was more than happy to do. Truth be told, last night I was exhasted, the time when I start eating everything in sight. If Jack had not tossed the ice cream, I am convinced that I would have eaten the remains right out of the container.

But here's the best part: As soon as I knew the ice cream was gone, I gave myself a mental pat on the back and breathed a sigh of relief.

Close call. But it just reinforced to me that this time, I really am in it to win it.

No comments:

Post a Comment