Monday, January 10, 2011

Yes!

Am I dreaming? I actually made it through the weekend staying true to the Weight Watchers plan, something I haven't done in years. I even fit in some wine Saturday night, and as I sipped my favorite beverage, I thought to myself, "This feels really good."

What a difference a week can make. I have no idea how much weight I have lost, but I feel so much lighter. Last week I felt bloated, had no energy, and was dreading my drive into work.

In the last paragraph I emphasized the word "lighter" because although I do feel as if a pin was stuck into my middle to let out some air, I am no place near being light. For me, this is an important distinction. Often, if I ate well for a few days, it wouldn't take much for me to remind myself of this fact and then "reward" myself with something I really should not be eating. And that would start an eating binge.

Today, I am determined not to do that. Right now, I am in what a psychologist would call "a good place," committed to losing weight, committed to my exercise routine, and determined that this time my outcome really will be different.

I started last week with two goals: to go to a WW meeting and to drink 8 glasses of water a day. Tuesday, I attended a meeting, and added another goal to last week: to journal daily. I accomplished both last week -- although I still have two days to go!

Piece of cake. Or should I say slab of salmon! So much healthier....

No comments:

Post a Comment