Friday, January 14, 2011

Reflections

What a difference a year can make.

I decided to read my posts from January of last year, and they made me sad. I was anguishing that I had not lost weight, that Kara's wedding was three months away, and that I lacked any conviction to stay on a diet.

This January is so much different. And I am beginning to understand why. This time, I set realistic goals that I know I can follow. I am not setting myself up for failure, which has been my MO for years. I usually throw myself into something and do it for a few weeks, because I think it is good for me. I either get bored or injure myself, so before long, I'm back on the couch. Never once did I ask myself: Do you like what you are doing?

I not only like, I love the way I am living now. I wake up each morning never doubting that I will do what I had planned to do. I am exercising and eating correctly.

And I don't care if it takes me a year to reach my weight goal. But there is one thing I know for sure: January, 2012, when I read the posts from this year, there will be a smile on my face because I will still be loving life -- but pounds thinner. That pretzel on the yoga mat will be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment