Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The joy of journaling

The joy of journaling: Did I really just write that as the headline of this blog post? Me, who would rather do anything than write down what I eat actually is enjoying it now?

How can this be? And why?

I don't know. But since Wednesday, I have been writing down everything that passes my lips. I think it's because the Weight Watchers plan is new, and I cannot easily keep a running total going in my head, as I did on the old plan. I'm not saying that was smart.

But what I've come to realize is that I actually like seeing what I am eating from day to day. It makes me feel in control, another feeling I have not had recently when it comes to my diet. My journal is holding me responsible, while also reminding me that I need to drink more water or add 2 teaspoons of oil to my salad.

This should come as no surprise since a recent study found that dieters who journal lose double the amount of weight than dieters who do not. So journal it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment