Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Steps 4-6 on my wellness campaign

The next three of 10 steps that according to SparksPeople, will start anyone on a wellness plan.

4. Start a journal. Your goals, desires, barriers, obstacles, excuses, solutions and plan should all be a part of your journal. Make your journal yours. Set it up so it’s easy to use so that you will use it. Include space to just let your thoughts flow. Use it to let out your feelings, vent, rejoice, or celebrate. You’ll be amazed at how freeing it is!


This is a hard one for me. I HATE to journal. But I am willing to give it a try. I was going strong with one a few months ago, actually liked doing it, but one day I just stopped.


5. Begin your journey where you’re standing now. Where are you right now, this moment, on your journey? Accept where you are and where you need to be and begin the steps necessary to bridge that gap. If, however, you find that old issues keep popping up, preventing you from reaching your goals, you may need to seek counseling. Sometimes the only way to move forward is to first go backward. 



This one I have to think about a bit. Not sure about the issue thing. And although I know why I have body and eating issues, I am tired of blaming my mom. Enough.

6. Take one step at a time. What happens when a builder forgets an important step in building a house? Or a chef leaves out an important ingredient in a recipe? Doesn’t work so well, does it? It’s the same thing with your life. You must take certain steps in order to reach a place of wellbeing—and make it fit your lifestyle. 



I am so trying this one step at a time thing. So one step it is. For me, I know the foundation is exercise, and in my case, yoga is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment