Monday, November 8, 2010

Motivation

Every Monday I wake up committed to a week of healthy eating. By Tuesday, I start fighting with myself, and by Friday, I've kissed all my resolve good-bye.

So here's my latest attack plan to keep me on track: I have notes everywhere I sit for more than 10 minutes. That means at my desks -- work and home -- in the kitchen, in my car, in my bathroom, in my bag. And all notes say the same thing: Be strong.

For me, this is the simplest way to remind myself often that I need to stay the course. And sometimes, just seeing those two little words are what keeps me from reaching for something I shouldn't eat.

On days when I don't get enough sleep, and I know eating well will be problematic, I take a cue from Sarah Palin -- I write those two words on my palm. Cheat sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment