Monday, March 14, 2011

What's wrong with me?

I've been asking myself this question all weekend. I've been in an out-of-control eating pattern, and absolutely nothing I did got me back on track.

And I have no excuse. The sun was shining, the snow has melted, and if I wanted, I could have taken a long walk.

I could blame it on my slightly sprained ankle, which has been hurting for about four weeks now. Not enough to make me limp, but enough to hurt when I walk. But this really is not an excuse because I CAN WALK. And I could go to the yoga study, but I've been afraid I would re-injure it. I have been doing my home practice, and that helps, but it's not enough.

My sprained ankle happened at the same time my walking buddy had foot surgery, so I've used this all as an excuse. And one excuse became another excuse until I find myself today, really not too happy with me.

So I have two choices: One, to continue doing what I have been doing, or two, to recommit to healthy eating and exercise. I'm choosing the latter.

Today, it's a new day, time to stop looking back and start looking ahead.

And here's my plan:
1. To write down everything that passes my lips.
2. To do a little exercise - maybe the one-mile walk with my buddy Leslie Sansone.
3. To drink lots of water today.

So I'm back to baby steps. But just writing this down is cathartic. And renewing. I have a plan. Now all I have to do is stick to it.

1 comment:

  1. You would think I was a bear getting ready to hibernate. I'm rather disgusted with myself of late.

    ReplyDelete