Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow day

Yesterday was my second snow day. Of course, thanks to technology, I was able to work from home, which was kind of nice.

But what I found the last two days is that I was more hungry during the day than I am when I am at work. Both days I grazed -- eating little meals about every three hours. It was relaxing and enjoyable, but I was thankful for Weight Watchers, because without the PointsPlus system, I could have eaten my weight in food.

But around 2 p.m. yesterday, nothing in my fridge or pantry looked appealing, so I whipped up some hummus and spread it on celery.

VAL'S HUMMUS
2 15-ounce cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Juice of 1 lemon
1 Tblsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tblsp. tahini
2 garlic cloves, diced
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. oregano
1 jarred roasted red pepper, cut in chucks
2 to 4 Tblsp. water

* Drain and rinse the chickpeas; place in food processor and process until they are in small dice.
* Add remaining ingredients, but only 2 tablespoons of water. Puree until mixture is smooth. Hummus should be a thick paste. If you want a thinner consistency, add more water
* Remove from bowl of mixer. Each tablespoon has about 1 PointsPlus.

No comments:

Post a Comment