I have never been one for big breakfasts. But breakfast for dinner: Now you're talking. To me, that's comfort food at its best.
The following recipe from Weight Watchers has become a once-a-week meal in our house this winter. It's easy to throw together as soon as I get home, and the result: Absolutely yummy.
I substitute Trader Joe's habanero lime wraps for the whole wheat wraps in the recipe for a bit of welcome spice. We like things hot, so if you want to tone it down a bit, use whole wheat. Whatever you do, give this a try.
2 sprays cooking spray
2 tsp olive oil
2 medium scallions, chopped
1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
2 cloves garlic cloves, minced
4 large egg whites
2 large eggs
1/2 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
1/4 tps. salt
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
4 medium whole wheat tortillas
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1/2 cup salsa, medium or hot variety
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
* Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add scallions, green pepper, tomato and garlic; sauté 5 minutes.
* Add egg whites and whole eggs; cook until eggs are scrambled, about 3 minutes.
* Remove skillet from heat and stir in cheese, cilantro, salt and black pepper.
* Place a tortilla on a flat surface; spoon 1/4 of egg mixture onto center of tortilla and roll up tortilla. Fill remaining tortillas with remaining egg mixture, then place tortillas side-by-side in prepared baking dish; lightly coat with cooking spray.
* Bake until golden brown and tortilla ends are slightly crisp, about 10 minutes. Serve with sour cream and salsa spooned over top. Per serving: 1 enchilada, 2 tablespoons of sour cream and 2 tablespoons of salsa per serving. 6 PointsPlus.