Friday, February 18, 2011

If only...

Yesterday was one of those perfect days. I was totally in control, never once had an urge to eat anything that I shouldn't, and felt so happy and calm throughout the day.

I wrote pages in my journal yesterday, trying to figure out why yesterday was so great, and the day before one of those days I could have eaten a house.

Just before I went to bed, I had a eureka moment: There is absolutely no explanation. Some days you feel great. Other days you want to pull the covers over your head and stay in bed.

It's normal to have good eating days and not-so-good ones. The key: When you have a "bad" day, don't let it start you on a path of nonsense eating. Instead, wake up the next day determined to make it the best day possible. And soon, the good days really will crowd out the not-so-good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment