Just what we all need: Another chicken recipe! But this one, which comes from Hungry Girl, looks too good to pass up. It's perfect for a romantic dinner for two -- or to double or triple for company.
I love chicken rolls for a crowd: Make them in advance, and pop them in the oven when your guests arrive. This recipe uses one of my favorite diet stand-bys, Laughing Cow light cheese wedges, which have kept me on track so many times. When I get really hungry, I spread one or two wedges on celery sticks and eat away. Each wedge has only 35 calories -- and one Weight Watchers PointsPlus -- a real diet bargain.
Now for the recipe. I know what I'm cooking for Valentine's Day.
1 large portobello mushroom cap, sliced
2 5-oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlets, pounded 1/2-inch thick
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
2 wedges Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
1/3 cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained
6 large leaves fresh basil
1/2 cup Amy's Organic Light in Sodium Chunky Tomato Bisque
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1/8 tsp. Italian seasoning
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add mushroom slices and cook until softened, about 6 minutes, flipping slices about halfway through cooking. Remove from heat and set aside.
* Season chicken cutlets with salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Lay cutlets flat with the length running left to right. Spread a cheese wedge over each cutlet and evenly top with red peppers and basil. Place mushroom slices horizontally over the basil.
* Tightly roll each chicken cutlet from the bottom and around the filling; secure with toothpicks. Place chicken rolls in a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
* Cover the pan with foil, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
* Carefully remove foil and return pan to the oven, uncovered, to bake until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
* Meanwhile, to make the sauce, combine tomato bisque, sour cream, and Italian seasoning in a microwave-safe bowl. Mix well.
* Once chicken is fully cooked, microwave sauce for 1 minute, and then stir well. Remove toothpicks from chicken rolls, plate them, and evenly cover with sauce.
* Makes 2 servings. Per serving: 271 calories, 4.5g fat, 720mg sodium, 13.5g carbs, 1g fiber, 8.5g sugars, 37.5g protein, 6 Weight Watchers PointsPlus.