In the past, I would have given up and started eating everything in sight. But for some reason, this plateau is having the opposite effect: It is making me madder than I have ever been and more determined to see it through. I know that if I keep eating this way and exercising, eventually the pounds will start coming off.
So here's my next week plan for trying to break this plateau.
1. Drink at least 64 ounces of water a day.
2. Drink 3 cups of green tea, which is supposed to rev up metabolism and help you shed pounds.
3. My wellness coach, Heather Pierce, suggests eliminating snacks and eating three meals a day. I usually do better it I have a snack, but to shake things up, I'll try this plan.
4. Hit 10,000 steps a day on my pedometer -- not an easy feat since I sit at a desk most days. I'll just have to make the time.
5. Eat carbs only every other day. The off days are protein only. I read that solution years ago. I must really be desperate.
6. Start and end each day with warm lemon water. That was an old trick of my mom's.
7. Take any solution from anyone reading this blog.
I'll let you know next week if it worked.