Monday, October 11, 2010

Broken record

There are times recently when even I think I am talking too much about yoga. I know that when I really love something, I tend to throw myself into it. But usually I tire of my obsession du jour fairly quickly, and move on to something else.

Not yoga. Instead of tiring of it, I am trying to fit in as many classes as I can each week. Friday was amazing: I started the day with a class that ran from 5-7:30 a.m., followed by another class at 1 p.m., a trip to the beach to read for an hour, and then my last class of the day, which began at 4. Did I also mention that I walked at the mall with my friend Ann about 9 a.m.?

When I finally got home about 6 p.m. Friday, I was calm, relaxed and so at peace. But what was most amazing is that I ate very well Friday, and never once had an urge to eat something I shouldn't.

As I said to one of my yoga teachers before my Saturday morning class -- yoga has been a life-changing experience for me. Each time I enter the studio, spread out my mat, and start my practice, I first take some centering breaths and thank God for my luck in finding something that brings me such happiness. And for that, I am forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment