Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Yet again

For months, I was eating terrific foods. But in January, something clicked, and all the foods I had avoided for months started calling. And calling they did. Even my fat clothes don't fit.

So Monday, I finally got up the nerve to jump on the scale, and the result brought tears to my eyes: I am the heaviest I have ever been. Honestly, I didn't need the scale to tell me this. My knees ache. My shoulder hurts. My hands are cramping.

My body has been telling me for weeks to knock off the junk food. Yesterday, I decided I better start listening.

I joined Weight Watchers and started eating like a normal person yesterday. Of course, my noon salad was enough to feed six, but I figured ODing on greens is lots better than the candy, crackers, cookies and nuts that have been my go-to foods for months.

So, I'm back. I'm enthusiastic, which is always the way I feel whenever I start eating well. It's keeping up the momentum that's key.

And so, I write!

No comments:

Post a Comment