Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Full circle

After a week on my doctor's elimination diet, eating only fruits, vegetables (no nightshades), poultry, fish and lamb, nuts and seeds, beans, legumes and whole grains (except wheat, which I know I am allergic to), the scale remained stuck and my stomach still sported a double tire.

So I gave up beans, legumes and whole grains, which means I am eating Paleo, except I cannot eat eggs. And within five days I dropped seven pounds and my double-tire is beginning to deflate.

Amazing? I think so. I am also sleeping better, although I still wake up around 2, but within five minutes I am back asleep, averaging about seven hours a night. For those with no sleep issues this might not seem like such a big deal. Those with insomnia understand how monumental this really is.

What is so interesting is that I haven't once minded my diet. In fact, I am preparing some pretty fantastic dinners, and trying new foods at breakfast and lunch. The good news about Paleo is that the Internet is flooded with recipes, and the three Paleo cookbooks I own are becoming my bibles.


My husband, who has suffered through every diet I have been on, just asked me to do him one favor: Stick to this one this time. He never asked me that before, and I really don't want to let him down.

No comments:

Post a Comment