Thursday, June 21, 2012

This gorgeous globe

I am not following a diet plan BUT I am still reading everything I can about ways to make the body slim down.

I do lose weight, and quickly, on Dr. Ann Louise Gittleman's Fat Flush Plan. But my closest friends have told me I turn into a crazy lady when I am Fat Flushing. (I do not agree with them, but isn't that the first sign of insanity?) One thing is certain: she does know her stuff, and I pay attention.

Her latest blog post was about the benefits of grapefruit, and she says there is now scientific proof that says grapefruit can boost weight loss. She calls grapefruit a super food when it comes to weight loss. There are the nutritional perks: vitamin C, a decent amount of potassium and phytosterols that help balance cholesterol levels. Pink grapefruit has vitamin A, beta carotene and lycopene, a carotenoid that has been linked with a decreased risk of prostate cancer. To top it off, it's low calorie.

Gittleman says the reason it may help us shed pounds is because grapefruit controls insulin, which controls our blood sugar, which when in check, controls our hunger. Insulin also is a fat depositing hormone, so it controls the amount of fat we store.

Gittleman's recipe: Eat half a grapefruit before every meal. That's 10 grapefruits a week. It's a good thing I love those little round globes. I just bought six this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment