Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Excuses, excuses

Has it really been three weeks since I posted? I could blame it on the computer virus that attacked my hard drive and left me without a computer for two weeks. Or that I had gotten out of the habit of posting each day, and did not make the time to post.

But those, like everything, are just excuses. There is no good reason why I have been ignoring my blog. And this morning, while I was doing my three-mile Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone and her posse, I decided I had to post, because I heard something last night that is too good not to pass on.

But first, I want to share some exciting news: I have actually been a very good diet girl since last I posted. I went back to Weight Watchers, have taken two yoga classes a week at Yoga4Everybody in Fairfield, and start my Saturdays at 7 a.m. at Penfield Beach doing Qi Gong and Tai Chi. And I walk at least 45 minutes a day.

But what I really wanted to share is something my Weight Watchers' leader Karen told us last night. The topic was uncontrollable eating -- when you cannot stuff enough food in your mouth in a certain period of time. Been there, hope to never do that again. But Karen said if you ever feel an attack coming on -- or if you ever find yourself reaching for something better left on the plate -- STOP, DROP and STROLL.

  • STOP what you are doing
  • DROP the food and
  • STROLL away!!!!!!!!

Thank you Karen for your wise words -- and for giving me something short to write about today. Until tomorrow....



No comments:

Post a Comment