Thursday, November 12, 2009

Second down

It's official: I have dropped 14 pounds since starting this blog September 30. That's 14 pounds in 43 days. That's as much as I have ever lost on any diet, but this time, I am not dieting.

Friday I wrote about feeling free -- how being on my non-diet has actually kept me from popping anything in my mouth that I desire. I'm not obsessing about food. I am simply planning my meals and eating what I plan. Slowly eating what I have planned. Chewing each bite 25 times, for the first time, really tasting my food.

I have set a 49-pound weight loss goal, and divided it into seven mini goal of 7 pounds each. 14 pounds = my second mini goal. Wow!

Today's recipe is one of those perfect meals when you have no time. 30 minutes after starting preparations, you are eating dinner. While the turkey is baking, we eat our nightly salad, filling up on greens and veggies so we don't overeat at dinner -- not that this recipe is at all fattening. My calculations put each serving a little under 200 calories. Needless to say, you can also use chicken. I added brown rice and sauteed kale to our plate.

Turkey Dijon
1 lb. boneless, skinless turkey breasts
1 Tblsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp. Mrs. Dash Italian medley seasoning
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Rinse turkey well, pat dry, and place in a baking dish in a single layer.
  • Stir together the mustard, oil oil garlic, lime juice and Mrs. Dash seasoning. Spread evenly over turkey.
  • Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the turkey.
Told you it is easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment